At last! After years of struggling to explain Content Server security model to my clients - I finally got it!
A while back when I was first learning it myself - it took me about an hour to understand how Role-based component alone is used. But when I tried to add on accounts... Later in that day there were five of us desperately trying to cut through the mess of multiple dimensions and confusing terminology. It took us several hours of screaming around a white board just to begin seeing some light at the end of the tunnel...
It always bothered me greatly to look at my customers suffer through trying to get their head around it. Many just gave up and were forced to rely on consultants for explanation... Not any more!
So here it comes
I finally realized that most humans are not good at piling on multiple dimensions ... and I see no benefit of looking at all the components of security model at once! When clients were introduced only one component of the model at a time and asked to keep them separate in their heads (and their diagrams) - the confusion quickly subsided or didn't appear in the first place!
Check out my FREE video tutorial at http://youtube.com/stellentexperts
- Adobe Acrobat - Native WebCenter Content Integration now available
- New in Weblogic 12c....
- Mastering Oracle Universal Records Management in a hurry
- New features in WebCenter Content 12c
- Secrets of the Full Text Search
- Content Migration - How we got a project over a finish line 16.9 times faster
- Archiving In Webcenter Content - A Deeper Look - Part 2