If you ever tried to use Propagate feature in Virtual Folders - just to discover that it doesn't work - this post will delight you.
Imagine you need to "push down" the meta values from a parent folder down - onto the sub-folders and content items in them. You select Propagate from the menu on the top right on folder information page:
You go to a sub-folder and check if its meta was updated. And it wasn't! You check the content items… Same story.
Don't be surprised when Propagate does nothing - if you use it "out of the box"!
That's right: Before you can use Propagate feature, you need to specify - what meta fields are ok to push down.
Here's how you do it: Expand Administration Tray. Expand Folder Configuration. Click Information Field Inherit Configuration. Here's how Information Field Inherit Configuration screen looks like:
Just place check marks against the fields you'd like to push down when you use the propagate feature - and click Update. You're done.
Now you can propagate the meta values! Give it a try!
- Adobe Acrobat - Native WebCenter Content Integration now available
- New features in WebCenter Content 12c
- Secrets of the Full Text Search
- Archiving In Webcenter Content - A Deeper Look - Part 2
- Content Migration - How we got a project over a finish line 16.9 times faster
- Oracle Document Capture - the fastest introduction I know about
- The End of Oracle Content Server